1. What can be done in case of the Toilet Leaks at the Base?
There are plenty of underlying causes that will lead to the base of your toilet leak. Some of the most commonly found reasons and the steps to fix the issue are as follow:
- Do not use that toilet: Using or flushing a defective toilet can worsen the leak. To avoid such a situation, you need to stop using that toilet and look for the site of damage. You should also turn off the water supply and clean the area around it to make it easy to find the defect.
- Inspect the Tee bolts: Checking the tee bolts is also significant because broken or loose can damage the toilet seal leading to leakage. However, fixing such an issue is quite easy. You can either tighten the loose bolt or replace it if broken.
- Inspect the joint of the toilet bowl and tank: When you see the toilet leaking at the base, you must check the connection between the toilet bowl and the tank. There can be loosening of the bolts or wearing of the washers, leading to water leakage from the base of the toilet.
Tightening the bolt nuts or replacing the washers will help to prevent leakage. If the problem persists after this, call a plumber to figure out the issue.
- Check the base of the toilet for any cracks: Suppose something has fallen on your toilet recently. It can be the reason for the cracks in the toilet bowl or tank causing water to pool around its base. You need to contact a plumber to replace your toilet in such a case.
- Look for any defect in the wax ring: It would be best if you noticed the timing of the leakage. Whether it is continuous or occurs only at the time of flushing. If water leaks only when flushing, then there must be an eroded wax ring beneath the toilet base. In such a scenario, you can either call a professional to solve the issue or try to repair it by yourself by following the below-given steps:
- Buy a new wax ring.
- Repair the toilet if there is any damage.
- Remove the toilet base from the floor to remove the damaged wax ring.
- Replace the damaged ring with the newer one.
- Rearrange the toilet and caulk the toilet base.
- Contact a professional plumber to fix the leakage: If you cannot figure out the cause of the leakage from the toilet base, do not delay any further. Call one of the best HVAC companies as soon as possible.
MGAM Construction Inc. is a family-owned heating and cooling company that offers the best residential and commercial HVAC services. Here, you will get the best plumber in Burbank, CA, to fix the leaking base of your toilet at an affordable price. Check MGAM’s official website and directly book an appointment online.